Friday, April 6, 2018

Companies I’ve Reviewed: The Honest Company & Organix (OXG)


In my research and reviews of companies/brands I look at:

-Rating/ReviewsI look at general reviews online and check rating on ewg.org and/or ewg.org/skindeep (a website that examines brands/ingredients for toxicity). On the main website the best rating is an A, on skin deep best rating is 1. Note that it can be complicated to search for things on the main site – usually I google the brand and “ewg” and see if it comes up. Occasionally a company/product cannot be found so then I look more closely at the actual ingredients and reviews both online and people I know.
-Cost – Is it worth it for what you’re getting? How does it compare to what else is out there?
-Effectiveness – Do the products really work? This is sometimes a matter of opinion - some find certain products to work well that others don’t.
 

The Honest Company
The ewg.org rating is A-F but with the several products listed, most are A-B, two are a C, and their stain remover was the F. On ewg.org/skindeep rating is 1-3 – most products are a 1, but there are a few (toothpaste, concealer, etc.) that are 3 or 4 so check ingredients first! 

Conclusion: Some will say this company is not quite as “honest” as it seems…. I would probably agree. I personally have passed them over for other brands that are better rated/priced. 


Organix – now OXG: Don’t be tricked by the name, this company is NOT organic! Do some research and you’ll see! I’m not one to trust a company that tries to pass as something it’s not! I mean seriously… that name? I haven’t been able to figure out what OXG stands for. This company is also now owned by Johnson & Johnson (J&J is not a company I would trust, they use many uses toxic ingredients). On Skin-deep the company was not listed, and they only had older products which were rated 3-7. I checked out some of the ingredients on current products (like the shampoo) and ingredients ranged from 1-4 mostly with one being a 6. There’s also some dyes, and “fragrance” and we do not know what that actually is. So I’m guessing their products would be around a 3.

Conclusion: I’m not satisfied enough with their ingredients (not to mention their sneaky way of seeming to be organic) to buy their products, although I have used their shampoo and condition in the past and they are nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment