Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Companies I’ve reviewed: Earthley

I have for some time now very much appreciated and been inspired by Earthley’s mission for natural health and am pleased to be able to recommend them highly!

 

About Earthley: Earthley was founded by Kate Tietje who for years blogged at https://modernalternativemama.com/ There, as a result of her own experiences and research, she has shared various recipes for natural skin and health products. She also was asked to author a book on natural remedies for kids a few years ago. As more and more people were asking about being able to purchase products instead of having to make them themselves Earthley was born. It's still a pretty small company but growing thanks to more awareness. Learn more about Earthley here: https://www.earthley.com/about-us/ 

Affordability: As I was going through comparing their products to some other non-toxic companies, Earthley’s prices were almost always lower – on some by more than half! This is a definite plus! They offer free shipping over $50 and they also have free health guides available on their website which I have found very helpful.

Ingredients: It is extremely important to me that companies 1) disclose all ingredients, and 2) use all non-toxic and mostly organic ingredients (I say mostly organic because it’s just not always practical for everything to be organic). Earthley meets these requirements. All ingredients are disclosed on the website and on products. As an extra bonus, all ingredients are easy to understand – no weird-sounding chemicals! While Earthley has not yet been rated itself on ewg.org, all their ingredients are rated 1 (that I could find anyway). Also all their herbs are organic. All products are made in the USA. I am super pleased with their ingredients and their transparency. See more information including descriptions about their ingredients here: https://www.earthley.com/our-ingredients/

Products: Earthley has various skin/body/hair products. They have a few different moisturizers, cleanser, toner, various bar soaps, deodorant (baking soda free) dry shampoo, and leave-in conditioner, sunscreen, bug repellent, natural hand sanitizer, lip balm, and MORE! I haven’t tried a ton of their products yet (I’m currently still using up previous brands) but all the ones I have tried so far I have really liked!

But what makes Earthley really unique are their Herbal Remedies and Nutritional Support products. They have various salves for cuts, bites, etc., various “potions” or remedies for pain, headache, digestion, baby teething, earache, sinus issues, PMS and postpartum support, infant and mommy tummy relief, balance, calming and sleep tinctures, anti-inflamatory tincture, a magnesium lotion (which I was super excited to find!) and more. For Nutritional support they have a vitamin D cream (vitamin D is better absorbed by the skin), vitamin C powder, cod liver oil and other multivitamins. As I use more of their products I will update this post.

Business Model: You can buy direct from the company or through an affiliate. It is NOT an MLM company (hooray! Can I get an amen?!?). This was a big concern of mine! In their affiliate program there are no “teams”, no uplines or downlines, no pressure to recruit or get higher sales, etc. All it is, is in exchange for them promoting their products, affiliates get a small commission and discount. The difference between this and an MLM is that in an MLM the commission is not just for the person you’re buying from – it’s for everyone in her upline. (Which is why there is more pressure to recruit and sell more because those in the upline can make more money without doing as much work.) With Earthley the commission is JUST for the affiliate and no one else. It’s exactly half of what I got before – 15% to be honest, so really not much but I don’t mind since the products are also a LOT cheaper (and again them not an MLM was important to me). I am an affiliate for Earthley. I do not see this as a business for me! It’s an opportunity for me to share and use great products and save a little at the same time. But again, you can purchase directly from the website if you don’t want to go “through” anyone. If you don’t mind helping me out just a little bit I’d appreciate it – you can use the link below OR choose my name at checkout (where it says “who do we thank for your order?” Thanks very much!

https://www.earthley.com/ref/ameliacoburn/


Also, if you’re possibly interested in products, but maybe not right now, or if you would like to be notified when I’m doing a group order so that you can get free shipping let me know! I have an e-mail list! Earthley does have products go on sale fairly often so I can also keep you informed about those! No spam I promise! Happy health journey! 

1 comment: